To exchange money
– It is easy to change euros, pounds and other currencies. Exchange offices in the city offer more attractive rates than airport offices and banks.
– Many stores that accept major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Diner’s, American Express, etc.) are present in hotels and shopping centers. However, check if the logo of your card is present before departure.
– Hotels, restaurants and department stores accept payments with a credit card.
What does Dubai cost?
Dubai is one of the richest emirates and one of the most prosperous countries on the Arabian Peninsula or even in the world. It is clearly a high end destination.
Everything is done to let you spend your money, from brand new shopping malls, luxury hotels to prestigious restaurants by the sea.
For cheap travel, take advantage of promotional offers that offer flight + hotel packages.
Accommodation in Dubai
Here are examples of hotel rates, from the most economic to the most luxurious, based on 2 people.
– Inexpensive: Hotel rooms cost around € 80-100 per night in a double room in a city center hotel. The Ibis hotel chain offers an overnight stay in a double room from around € 50.
– Average luxury: from € 120 per night in a double room or in a guest house.
– Luxury: Dubai has quite a few luxury hotels, such as the One and Only Royal Mirage or the famous Burj Al-Arab, prices can be very high.
Restaurants in Dubai
– Cheap: 30 to 50 Dhs in the many Indian restaurants in the city.
– Average: About 150 Dh
– Luxury: a minimum of 200-250 Dhs in good restaurants with international dishes.
Prices in the restaurants can vary depending on the drink.
Alcohol is taxed at 30% and can quickly become pricey. If you want to save money and really want a glass of alcohol, ask for a house wine or beer.
Tips in Dubai
Your restaurant bill and hotel bills are usually 10% for service (if this is not already included in the bill, which can happen) and 10% city tax.